In operation since 2003, “the buc” is fast, frequent, FREE shuttle service in Buckhead that provides connections between local office buildings, transit stops and shopping destinations.
- Connect you directly to MARTA’s rail service – making commuting to work using transit even easier!
- Allow you to leave the driving to someone else – reducing stress and road rage.
“The buc” operates Monday through Friday during the following hours:
Piedmont Lenox Line
|Every 12 Minutes|
|6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.|
|Every 12 minutes|
|3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
Lenox Park Line
|Every 10-15 minutes|
|6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Every 20 Minutes|
|11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
FREE – because “the buc” is supported by local tax dollars provided by the Buckhead Community Improvement District as well as federal funding, there is no fare for riding. If you are connecting to another system such as MARTA, you will be required to pay the fare for that system.
Service will not be provided on the following holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve – Regular Service Hours
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve – Regular Service Hours
“The buc” would not have been possible without the collaboration of many organizations working together to ease the stress and strain of Buckhead’s phenomenal growth.
The Buckhead Community Improvement District , a self taxing entity created voluntarily by area property owners, committed $1.5 million to the initial system startup and continues to provide annual support of $225,000 to the system.
Livable Buckhead, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting alternative modes of travel, guided the development of the system and oversees the daily operation of the system.
The Georgia Regional Transit Authority serves as the conduit for federal funding that comes to the system.
The day to day operation is overseen by Livable Buckhead. The system is operated by American Coach Lines of Atlanta
- All “buc” vehicles are outfitted with wheelchair lifts to assist riders who cannot board the shuttle on foot
- All “buc” vehicles are outfitted with AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) which can help save lives in the event of heart failure. All buc drivers are trained in CPR as well as the use of the AED devices.
- All “buc” vehicles are equipped with Nextel communications and have direct links to on-duty Zone 2 police officers.
||Denise Starling, Livable Buckhead
|General Manager||Eric Cox, American Coach Lines of Atlanta
|Daily Supervisor||Edward Anderton, American Coach Lines of Atlanta
||Nicole Smith, Livable Buckhead
Safety on “the buc”
Providing our customers a pleasurable, safe and convenient trip is our primary goal and to that end, we take every precaution to ensure both passenger and public safety on our system. Just a few simple measures, like looking both ways before crossing the streets and several feet back from the curb, makes all the difference in preventing injuries. Safety is everybody’s responsibility. Please take a moment to review the safety tips below.
- While waiting for your bus…
- Wait for buses at designated stops – stand 2-3 feet from the curb.
- Never run after a bus – you may slip and fall or be struck by another vehicle.
- Use designated crosswalks and sidewalks to reach the bus stop. Never walk in a traffic lane.
- Children should be kept close. Board the bus together.
- When getting on and off the bus…
- Use handrails to help you keep your balance.
- Avoid long stretch steps to the first step of the bus when boarding or to the curb when getting off the bus.
- While Riding on a bus…
- Stand behind the white line while the bus is moving.
- Don’t lean or press on the doors.
- Keep hands, feet and items clear from closing doors.
- Wait for the bus to stop fully before leaving your seat.
- Do not put any part of your body outside the bus window.
- Keep your legs and personal items from extending into the isle to prevent others from tripping.
- When you get off the bus…
- Step onto the sidewalk – don’t walk between the side of the bus and the curb.
- Never walk in front of the bus, even if it is stopped.
- Use only designated crosswalks